JD

JD

Friday, December 16, 2011

Kubrick nostalgia


Yes! It is good to revisit old classics once in a while and you always know it is a movie worth watching when it leaves you with a different feeling everytime you view it.
Last night turned out to be a "The Shining" one (if I wanted to I could almost confirm it was the first movie I ever watched...when I was comfortably living in my mother's tum): despite the thrilling story, I have to admit it is artistically a major breakthrough. But then again Stanley Kubrick was probably the most "aesthetically" aware movie director of all time: every scene showing a meticulous attention to details and colours and shape harmonies all tied together by very suggestive soundtracks and deeply expressive actors.  It is not without a touch of melancholia that I went through the following on YouTube today:



1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten that awful evening watching by myself The Shining on tv ( 6 month pregnant with you). Now that you mention it I thnk I have never been so scared in my life. However, despite my fright I could not take my eyes off the screen

    ReplyDelete