JD

JD

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Charlotte: a non-conformist icon






She officially started her career at 13 and yet she seems to have reached the height of her fame at the age of 40: a complete artist who looked for herself, discreetly, to finally reach an enviable equilibrium.
I have always been fascinated by Charlotte; from the first time I saw her in "L'Effronté" and from when I first listened to "Lemon Incest". Despite her uncommon and imposing artistic heritage she seemed to me like a "natural-looking" and spontaneous girl: an unpretentious figure, obviously unconscious of her beauty and "allure".
This is probably what I like the most about the accomplished woman she has now become: looking at her on the big screen, watching her perform on the scene, listening to her on TV; there is always a coherence in her look, in her voice, in her moves. Just to show how her presence comes so naturally, effortlessly.
It is so refreshing to look at Charlotte in a world where the showbiz is dominated by extremely forced unconventional looks and unnatural perfect bodies. She is the embodiment of the little girl I used to be and the successful career woman and mother she has become: "La file d'à côté" as I would like to imagine her. A figure so authentic and genuine that has made her stand out within the artificiality of our society.
It doesn't come as a surprise that I discovered her in this month's Elle edition: even more beautiful and accomplished only five months after the birth of her third child.









1 comment:

  1. I think you look a lot like her; perhaps not physically but in many other ways

    ReplyDelete