JD

JD

Friday, June 29, 2012

Rock ’n’ Roll still rocks





I made one of my dreams come true when I managed to buy tickets to the Guns n’ Roses gig at the O2 in London. As a super last minute buy I cannot tell you how much my hope to see Axl was long gone.

On that Friday morning I had the great idea of checking out Ticketmaster and was lucky enough to grasp a few tickets.

When I entered the O2 I couldn’t help but smiling: like a kid queuing to get in at Disney World (I still do get excited about that). I was very curious to see those ‘old generation’ guys who nevertheless marked the era of Rock forever: musicians motivated by a quest for perfection and experimentation and a lead singer playing with his voice and pulling on extraordinary energy.

Axl is now the last one remained from the very original band, Slash is gone, but Bumblefoot remains and the last two additions are certainly no mistake, in every way! Dj Ashba and Richard Fortus have an amazing stage presence and you wouldn’t believe one is 45 already and the other close to his forties..

They obviously love what they do and definitely know what they are doing! I was mesmerized by their solo performances and the numbers of Gibsons carried on stage: a ‘Guitar runway show’.

Dj Ashba relies on a caricatured look: big hat, torn jeans, very sparkly guitars, black khol, striking blue eyes…Richard more on the Ronnie Wood's side of things: very skinny and fit, shorter hair, great smile, laughing eyes,..

And there it goes: it all helps me remember why I love Rock so much! I am now definitely going to take those guitar lessons I’ve always wanted to.

They are truly inspiring artists: looking for perfection, they are not signed exclusively with Guns’ , but they also play in other bands, showing their quest for perfection in what they do. They are not ‘tabloid junkies’, they are professional inspiring artists who make me respect what they do even more.

Growing in small towns and coming from almost nothing and very modest backgrounds they perfectly embody the American dream, but they are also the proof that one needs to believe in his/her dreams. The only true questions are: ‘How bad do you really want it? How hard are you ready to work for it?’. Nothing is impossible.


Thank you Guns n’ Roses for this very inspiring moment!






No comments:

Post a Comment