JD

JD

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The boy is new in town

Making your way to the top by designing the perfect Tee obviously requires a sense of style and feel of fashion that would justify your name being praised among luxury brands and Hollywood’s jet set.


Well, James Perse did it and did it well! Up to now I have always relied on high street fashion to stock on my basics and I was glad I could purchase that whit tee for a very modest amount as I obviously had to repeat the ‘ritual buy’ at least every couple of months to make up for the poor quality not resisting my ‘delicate wash’ cycle.

However , the ‘LA kid’ has now made his way to this side of the ocean with his first store opening in Notting Hill, on the very chic side of Westbourne Grove, last month.

So here I come: stocking on my first ‘eternal’ basic tee. I love the texture, the feel, the shape, the colors,…The only drawback? Won’t be that easy to justify my repeated addictive ‘ritual buy’ at James Perse as the only reason to drive me into store would be the very egocentric need to treat myself and stock on my favourite basic in six different colors and at least three different neck shapes. You could potentially find solutions to the problem though: opening a James Perse savings account and filling it up by giving up your daily starbucks’latte; finding a very generous partner; be patient and allow yourself only exceptional purchases you will enjoy looking forward to.

James Perse offers indeed a very comprehensive core designs collection which will always be waiting for you.

If you visit the store to get your revenge on your ping pong match against one of the super nice sales assistants while listening to ‘Thin Lizzy’, well, it is a complete different story…




http://www.jamesperse.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment